There are many balance bikes for kids in the market but getting the perfect bike for your child can be very challenging. Balance bikes enable kids to learn to ride, steer balance in two wheels and easily transition to pedal bikes. They are mostly referred to as “one-size-fits-all” but your child’s riding experience can vary based on the bike size, quality, and other features.
What to look for in kids Balance Bikes
- Size: You should be able to adjust the height of the seat based on your kid’s height. The seat height is an indicator of how comfortable the child will be when riding.
- Weight: use your child’s weight to help determine the weight of the bike.
- Tires: The type of tire determines how smooth it will ride based on the surface.
- Brakes: the design of the handbrake should be able to allow your child to reach it with ease.
- Geometry: Choose a bike that will allow your kid to lean forward when riding. A well-designed bike should have some gap between the rear tire and the seat.
- Hand grips: Handgrip is one of the safety key features you should consider for your child. A rubber grip protects your child’s hand when he/she runs into a hard surface.
To help you in making the right choices, I have listed the best balance bikes for kids review and the key features of each.
- Table of the Best Balance Bikes for Kids
- 10. Strider 12 Sport Balance Bikes Aging 18 Months to 5 Years
- 9. Critical Cycles Cub No-Pedal Kids’ Balance Bike
- 8. Maxtra 12-inch Lightweight Balance Bike
- 7. Banana Bike LT Lightweight Balance Bike for Kids
- 6. KaZAM v2e No-Pedal Balance Bike
- 5. Strider 12 Classic Balance Bike for Kids
- 4. Schwinn 12-Inch Balance Bike
- 3. TheCroco Lightest Aluminum Balance Bike
- 2. Goplus 12-Inch No-Pedal Balance Bike for Kids
- 1. Cruzee Ultralight Balance Bike
Table of the Best Balance Bikes for Kids
10. Strider 12 Sport Balance Bikes Aging 18 Months to 5 Years
The Strider 12 sport is the number of balance bike selling enables your child to learn how to balance and steer without the complexity of pedaling. It comes packed with padded seat and a handlebar pad to enhance safety and deliver added comfort. You can adjust the seat height to fit kids of 18 months to 5 years. The handgrips make it easy for a kid to have a better control and lean on the footrests to balance. With this type of bike, you don’t have to worry about the maintenance and has all the features for perfect performance and your child can jump on the bike and get moving as soon as the bike is set.
- Adjustable seat and handlebar
- Durable Steel frame and puncture proof tires.
- Made of lightweight material.
- You can upgrade the foot brakes and tires.
9. Critical Cycles Cub No-Pedal Kids’ Balance Bike
This lightweight bike has step-thru frame which makes it easy to get on and off. No maintenance is required as the cub balance bike doesn’t have pedals and has air-free tires. It is designed in such a way young riders can move forward with their feet reducing the risk of falls or injuries. The bike is CPSC compliant for the safety of the kids and it is designed with baby bear furnishings to make it right for the little one. The cub requires minimal assembly and it is less likely to Top Over. The kids can put the fit down to control the speed of riding.
- Super Lightweight and maneuverable
- No maintenance needed
- Adjustable seat and handlebars to fit 20 months to 5 years.
- Air free tires
8. Maxtra 12-inch Lightweight Balance Bike
This is a lightweight walking bicycle suitable for children aged 2 to 5 years. It has a stylish fun box with little assembling. It is made of a durable and long-lasting material with no Pedals Push and allows the child to Stride Walk the Bicycle. The balance bike is designed with child’s safety in mind, the clamps are tamperproof and the wheels have safety washers. The cushion seat ensures your child has a comfortable ride.
- Adjustable seat and handlebars.
- Free air tires
- Soft non-slip handgrips
- Extremely lightweight balance bike.
- Enhance the safety of your child.
7. Banana Bike LT Lightweight Balance Bike for Kids
This banana bike has upgradable seats and bearings. It has a strong metal headset to protect your child and it is the one of the best balance bike for kids in the market. The bike is designed for 18-month toddlers who are starting their riding journey. It can be adjusted to saddle as low as 12.2 inches teaching toddlers how to gain control and improve stability. It is very strong but also very light to enable the kids to carry around.
- Puncture proof EVA form tires
- Upgradable wheels and seats.
- Lightweight material makes it easy to carry around and have maximum fun.
- Cushioned seat.
6. KaZAM v2e No-Pedal Balance Bike
KazAM v2e is the only balance bike with an easy step-in Footrest design to provide the center of gravity. The seats can easily be adjusted to fit kids of 18 months to 5 years. It has a unique award winning design with quality material. The little one can easily train with this balance bike model and have all the fun they need indoors and outdoors. It enables the kids to establish their balance before riding pedal bicycles.
- Free EVA tires which require no maintenance
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
- Puncture resistant.
- Frame step through footrest.
5. Strider 12 Classic Balance Bike for Kids
This 12- classic bike is appropriate for your child to learn how to balance and steer making it easy to transition to pedal bikes. The bike grows with the child making it possible to adjust the height of the seat and handlebar to accommodate kids of 18 months to 3 years. It is made of durable steel frame material with all-weather seats to withstand harsh conditions. Its weight makes it easy for your child to ride and stride. Buy this one time bike for your kid and you don’t have to worry about any damage or maintenance.
- Footrests make them easy to ride and glide.
- It has puncture proof tires
- Simple and easy for toddlers
- Maintenance free.
4. Schwinn 12-Inch Balance Bike
The 12 Schwinn is a perfect gift for your child. It inspires confidence to your child as she learns how to ride and balance the bike. The built-in air tires and tubes make it easy to roll. It has adjustable seat for your growing child with the foot to floor design. The child can place his feet on the ground to control speed and balance the bike.
- It has air tires and tubes
- Adjustable seat and handlebar
- Unique footrest design
3. TheCroco Lightest Aluminum Balance Bike
TheCroco is suitable for kids between 1.5 to 5 years. It is made of aluminum which makes it ultralight and portable (4.3 lbs) making it easy for young riders have control of the bike. It can easily be adapted to a growing child and increase their ultimate riding experience. It increases toddler’s confidence and prepares them for the pedal bikes. TheCroco is made of the ultralight aluminum frame with integrated footrest for quality riding. You can easily assemble it within 5 minutes.
- It has flat-free Eva polymer tires making them light
- Plastic Handgrips with safety ends to protect the kids
- Adjustable seat height
2. Goplus 12-Inch No-Pedal Balance Bike for Kids
This pre-bike push is made of high-quality PP, EVA and iron material. It is designed in such a way the wheels ride smoothly and quietly. It weighs 8lbs with ultralight material for easy control. The bike can easily maneuver in any terrain with less effort. It has non-slip handles for better control and the child cannot fall off the seat. It is also equipped with bell rings and brakes. The front and back tire is equipped with the fender to avoid mud when riding.
- Adjustable seat and handlebar
- Smooth and quiet
- Let’s young ones have sports experience
- Made of non-toxic and durable material.
- Portable Folding stand.
1. Cruzee Ultralight Balance Bike
This is a well-crafted design with multiple safety features and ultra-lightweight frame. It is made of a rust-proof aluminum material with the rock-solid design. It has a well-designed padded seat to provide comfort and ensure the kid doesn’t slip off when riding a downhill while controlling the bike’s speed.
- Simple to ride
- Adjustable wide seats and handlebar
- Build with foam tires which will never go flat
- Maintenance free.
- Lifetime warranty.