Bike trailers are a great way to create extra room for kids and other items when strolling outside. They come in different styles and usually designed to handle various tasks. Some trailers can have plenty of room for more than two kids while others are quite small. When looking for the best bike trailer, convenience and protection are two major considerations. To find out what is the best bike trailer for you, we’ve reviewed the ten best on the market currently so that your selection becomes easier.
- Table of the Best Bike Trailers Reviews
- 10. Instep Sync Single Bicycle Trailer by Pacific Cycle
- 9. Instep Take Two Double Bicycle Trailers
- 8. Instep Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer
- 7. Allen Sports Red Deluxe 2-Child Steel Bicycle Trailer
- 6. Schwinn Echo Yellow Double Bike Trailer
- 5. Aosom Elite 2 3in1 Double Child Bike Trailer
- 4. Schwinn Trailblazer Single Bike
- 3. Schwinn Orange Rascal Pet Trailer
- 2. Smooth Sailer Child Trailer by Bell
- 1. Allen Sports Steel Bicycle Trailer
Table of the Best Bike Trailers Reviews
10. Instep Sync Single Bicycle Trailer by Pacific Cycle
Instep Sync comes with 16-inch pneumatic tires for a smooth ride. It is a top quality bike trailer with molded rims and one that will look classy. The design of the frame is foldable to allow for a quick release. This is a versatile trailer that will attach to most bicycles. It has a two-in-one canopy bug screen that will shelter your kid from rain and sun.
- Two-in-one canopy with a weather shield and bug screen
- 16-inch pneumatic wheels
- Folding frame design for quick release
9. Instep Take Two Double Bicycle Trailers
Double Instep Trailer is a family-friendly choice to accommodate two kids. The trailer is a good value for money and comes with 16-inch pneumatic air wheels that perform well on most roads. The wheels have molded rims to add to some style and make the trailer look great. Instep Take II is a simple design that will easily fold allowing for transportation. It has a versatile coupler that attaches to almost any bike.
- It offers a 2-in-1 canopy with a weather shield and bug screen
- 16” pneumatic wheels for improved performed
- Wheel rims have been molded to look beautiful
- Simple design that folds easily for storage
8. Instep Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer
Instep Quick is a handy trailer that comes with a front wheel and handles to offer you options when not riding. You can turn the trailer into a stroller by pushing the handle. It has a unique frame that folds easily for transport and storage. For added versatility, the universal coupler will attach to almost any bike with a simple one-time installation. The canopy is a two-in-one with a weather shield and bug screen for protection. This is a very strong bike trailer that can hold two kids weighing 40 lbs.
- Holds two kids and still gives you additional storage space of 12 lbs
- Has a front wheel and handler to help turn it into a stroller
- It is versatile and attaches to any bike
- It folds and has quick release wheels for easy storage
7. Allen Sports Red Deluxe 2-Child Steel Bicycle Trailer
Allen Sports is a lightweight red bike trailer with rugged wheels to handle rough terrains. It is a strong and durable option that holds two kids with a maximum weight of 100 lbs. There is a safeguard tube to protect the child’s feet on the floor of the trailer. The wheels are inflatable and measure 16 inches. Allen Sports even includes a safety flag. The design of the trailer is foldable with quick release wheels. More: Best mountain bikes
- Foot guard tube that protects the feet of the child
- The steel construction is lightweight to enhance mobility
- Strong and holds two kids with a maximum weight of 100 lbs
- 16-inch inflated wheel and a safety flag
6. Schwinn Echo Yellow Double Bike Trailer
Schwinn is a very comfortable and versatile bike trailer with 20-inches alloy spooked wheels for improved performances. The air tires stand out in this trailer and help provide it with better performance and style. It has a large mesh window to allow light and make it transparent to the kids. The 2-in-1 canopy has a bug screen and weather shield to protect your kid from insects and weather elements. It is a versatile trailer with a universal coupler, helmet mesh, and shoulder pads to make the passenger comfortable.
5. Aosom Elite 2 3in1 Double Child Bike Trailer
Aoso is a 3-in-1 design bike trailer that also functions as a stroller and jogger. It combines several features that make it a versatile choice for adventurous families. For the ultimate comfort, the trailer features a full suspension system and a front swivel wheel. It is lightweight and comes with 20-inch wheels that can traverse rough terrains. There is enough room for two children with a maximum weight of 88 lbs. A hand lock brake ensures the stroller stays in place when not in use.
- Multi-functional and works as a trailer, stroller, and jogger
- Full suspension system and locking front wheel for easy control
- 20-inch wheels that walk on all terrains
- Hand lock brake that keeps the stroller in place
4. Schwinn Trailblazer Single Bike
Schwinn Trailblazer is a highly rated bike trailer and a good option for a single bike. It has those quick release wheels and a folding design to allow for quick storage and transport. The tires and 16-inch pneumatic with molded rims for style and performance. It has a spacious 2-in-1 canopy with bug screen and weather shield. Overall, this is a versatile trailer that attaches to most bikes.
- Universal coupler that attaches to many bikes
- 16-inch pneumatic wheels
- Molded rims for better performance and style
- Quick release wheels
- Folding frame
3. Schwinn Orange Rascal Pet Trailer
This orange Schwinn Rascal trailer is a top quality pick if you love strolling with your dog. The trailer liner has a comfortable non-slip surface that offers your dog a comfortable ride. The liner is also removable and washable for easy maintenance. It is a versatile trailer with a universal coupler, quick release wheel, and a foldable frame. It can attach to most bikes and be stored with easy. The leash length can easily be adjusted to prevent your pet from falling. Overall, this is a quality trailer that holds pets up to 50lbs. It has a rear entrance for easy access to your pets.
- Adjustable leash length
- Non-slip surface
- Quick release wheels and a foldable design
- Universal coupler to attach to most bikes
2. Smooth Sailer Child Trailer by Bell
Smooth Sailer is a two-passenger child bike trailer with a cargo area. It is a versatile option that comes with a handle and can also be used as a stroller. The trailer uses a five-point harness system with sturdy wheels and durable steel frames to ensure comfort and safety. The kit is strong and can hold up to 100 lbs. It fits most bikes and has quick release wheels for easy installation, transportation, and storage.
- Quick release wheels from the bike
- Two passenger child trailer
- Five-point harness system
- Fast, easy and secure installation
1. Allen Sports Steel Bicycle Trailer
Allen Sports Steel Bicycle Trailer is our top pick this year with a plethora of features. It is made of the lightweight steel and will not add extra weight to your bike. The trailer can safely carry two children weighing a total of 100 lbs. The child’s feet are protected by a feet guard at the floor of the trailer. This is a safe choice with 16-inch inflated wheels and a safety flag. Transportation and storage are made easier through a simple folding design and quick release wheels.
- Lightweight steel construction
- Foot guard for safety
- Large 16-inch inflated wheels
- Quick release wheels and folding design
Get one of these amazing bike trailers today and have your kids accompany you on your evening stroll without carrying them. The trailers are a great way to go out as a family and enjoy a good time with just your bike as the main means of transport.