Cast Iron Dutch Ovens were multi-purpose in the kitchen long before the multi-cooker came into the market. Original Cast Iron Dutch Ovens were known to be heavy, thick-walled and made of raw cast iron but that has since changed. Nowadays, you will find the French enameled coating ovens and other squat pot being marketed as Cast Iron Dutch Ovens. However, most of these ovens are made of thin metals and don’t work as perfect as the original Cast Iron Dutch Ovens. This article will help you select the best Cast Iron Dutch Ovens by reviewing some of the best in the market currently.
- Top 10 Best Cast Iron Dutch Ovens Reviews
- 10-Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 9-Lodge EC6D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 8-Lodge L8DO3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 7-Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
- 6-Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven
- 5-Lodge L12CO3 Cast Iron Camp Dutch Oven
- 4-Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven by Gourmandism
- 3-Lodge L12DO3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven With Iron Cover
- 2-Camp Chef DO-14-Inch Dutch Oven
- 1-Cuisinart C1670-30CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast iron Dutch Oven
Top 10 Best Cast Iron Dutch Ovens Reviews
10-Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
The Lodge is an original Cast Iron Dutch Oven with dual handles for easy handling and a 5-Quart capacity. It has a self-basting lid that helps preserve the moisture inside and cook your food fast and evenly. The rugged iron-cast construction helps the oven heat and cook slowly giving you good tasting meals.
- Rugged cast-iron construction that allows for slow heating and food cooking
- A self-basting lid that is dome-shaped. This allows for moisture maintenance and increased space
- Pre-seasoned with vegetable cooking oil. This makes it ready for use.
9-Lodge EC6D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
The EC6D43 Lodge is a 6-Quart Dutch Oven that has been made of the heavy cast iron and finished with smooth chip-resistant porcelain enamel. It is an appealing addition to your kitchen with side handles for safe gripping. A further secure grip ensures you carry it with confidence. The surface glass is smooth and will not react with ingredients.
- Cast iron loop side handles. The handle ensure you have a safe and cool grip
- A smooth enamel finish that is chip-resistant
- A smooth glass that doesn’t react with ingredients
8-Lodge L8DO3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
This 5-Quarts Lodge Dutch Oven comes pre-seasoned and ready for use out of the box. It has a special coiled handle for easy lifting and transportation. The lid of the oven fits tightly and keeps the food moist throughout. It is easy to clean and maintain. You can hand wash it with hot water and a stiff brush.
- Seasoned and ready for use
- Hand washed
- Tight-fitting iron cast lid
7-Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
This Lodge is an 8-quart deep oven that can be used to cook large amounts of food at ago. It has a flanged lid that can be used to hold hot coals and be as a griddle. Integral legs allow the oven to sit stably in the camp as you cook. It is a quality Dutch oven made in the USA and one that comes pre-seasoned for use. It is a high-quality design Dutch oven that I recommend for anyone looking for good value for money.
- Flanged lids that hold hot coals and acts as a griddle
- Pre-seasoned and ready for use
- Integral legs for stability
6-Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven
The L8DD3 Lodge oven is a sturdy choice that comes with integrated handles on the base of the lid and top of the oven for secure transport of the oven. The cover converts into a 10.25-inch skillet making it a versatile pick. It is a safe and pretty simple to use often with hand washing recommended.
- Sturdy and made from a heavy iron cast
- It comes pre-seasoned and ready for use
- Integrated side handles for easy carrying
5-Lodge L12CO3 Cast Iron Camp Dutch Oven
The Lodge L12CO3 is a 6-quart Dutch oven that comes ready for use in campfires. It is a seasoned cast iron oven that is ready to use out of the box. The cast iron lid can be inverted and used as a griddle making it a versatile pick on our list. With a 12-inch diameter and 3.75-inches deep, the Lodge L12CO3 is large enough to cook large amounts of food. Overall, it is a quality product made in the USA to the highest standards.
- Quite large and can hold a lot of food
- Comes ready for use
- The iron lid inverts to work as a griddle
4-Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven by Gourmandism
This is an imported Dutch iron cast from Europe and Japan and one that has undergone a great embedding to create a smooth a soft surface. It is a great selection with a flash melting point that extends its lifespan. This oven uses the flash melting technology which helps improve the abrasive resistance and make it a durable pick.
- It delivers the original taste and flavors of foods
- Uses the flash melting technology to extend its lifespan. Rarely scratches upon falling
- Energy efficient
3-Lodge L12DO3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven With Iron Cover
The Lodge L12DO3 is a high-capacity Dutch oven with an 8-Quart capacity ideal for parties and holidays. The oven uses the heavy gauge wire bale that acts as the handle for safe carriage. It is a well-made oven that distributes heat well. A self-basting iron cover further helps keep the heat and moisture within. It is seasoned and comes ready for use.
- Seasoned and ready for use out of the box
- The bale is a heavy wire gauge for easy transportation and handling
- A large 8-quart capacity
- Distributes heat evenly
2-Camp Chef DO-14-Inch Dutch Oven
The 14-Inch Camp Chef Dutch Oven is a true professional in cooking meals that are tasty and yummy. It is a durably constructed oven with a lid that has legs. The lid can be used as a griddle. A built-in thermometer notch helps set the ideal temperature setting for specific foods. This is an oven that comes ready to use and easy to maintain.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Lid with legs allowing it to be used as skillets or griddle
- Seasoned and ready for use
1-Cuisinart C1670-30CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast iron Dutch Oven
The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic is by far the best Dutch Oven of the year and a great choice that does its job well. It is a durable cast iron oven with superior heat distribution and retention capabilities. This oven is extremely versatile and can be used for cooking, entertaining and serving. The exterior is enameled porcelain rich in colors and a great addition to any kitchen. It is dishwasher safe and convenient to clean up.
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- A strong enamel porcelain exterior finish
- Superior heat retention and distribution
Take your cooking to a whole new level by ordering any of these Cast Iron Dutch Ovens today. They are the best selections in the market so far giving you quality, durability, and value for money.
Also find: Distance Measuring Wheels