With dogs being one of the best pets for most people across the world, it makes perfect sense treating them in the best way possible. This is especially the case where dogs suffer from paralysis and cannot work properly. Dog in the old age or those with spinal injuries also need help getting around with ease. Just imagine watching your dog struggle to move. You can solve such problems by getting the dog wheelchairs. A dog wheelchair will help dogs perform various activities just like normal dogs.
In this post, we are going to review only the best dog wheelchairs for paralyzed dogs on the market currently to help you choose what will work best for your dog. Read through and make an informed choice on the best dog wheelchair.
- Table of the Best Dog Wheelchairs Reviews
- 10. Walkin’s Wheels – Medium Dog Wheelchairs – 26-69 lbs
- 9. Newlife Mobility Adjustable Dog Wheelchair for Legs
- 8. Adjustable Wheelchair for Dog by Newlife Mobility
- 7. Dog Wheelchair for Back Legs by Newlife Mobility
- 6. Best Friend Mobility – Large Dog Wheelchair
- 5. Best Friend Mobility Dog Wheelchair for Small Dog
- 4. Best Friend Mobility Dog Wheelchair for 40-60lbs Dog
- 3. Walkin’ Wheels Extra-Small Dog Wheelchairs
- 2. Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchairs For Small Dogs
- 1. Best Friend Mobility Wheelchairs for Small Dog
Table of the Best Dog Wheelchairs Reviews
10. Walkin’s Wheels – Medium Dog Wheelchairs – 26-69 lbs
This is a perfect dog wheelchair for dogs of a medium size weighing the range of 26-69lbs. The legs of this wheelchair measure 16-19 inches and will easily allow your dog to move around with ease. You can easily adjust this wheelchair to make your dog feel more comfortable. Adjusting is a push button making operation quite easy. Overall, this is a quality dog wheelchair made of lightweight aluminum. You can transport and store it with ease too.
- Durable and lightweight
- Easy to adjust with a push button
- Ideal for medium dogs
- Easy to store and transport
9. Newlife Mobility Adjustable Dog Wheelchair for Legs
With a height adjustable ranging from the floor to the dog’s back, this is another great wheelchair for your dog. It is a small and lightweight choice ideal for small dogs weighing between 20-40lbs. This wheelchair is sold in seven different hip sizes so make sure you choose what will work for your dog. The wheelchair has hind legs, front legs, and full body support to ensure your dog does not strain to move around. More: Best dog strollers
- Full body support
- Hind legs and front leg support
- Adjustable height from floor to dog’s back
- Available in different hip sizes
8. Adjustable Wheelchair for Dog by Newlife Mobility
This is an extra small dog wheelchair ideal for small breeds weighing in the range of 5-20lbs. It is a pretty compact design that will not add much weight to your dog but quite efficient in helping it move around with ease. The wheelchair works perfectly for dogs in the range of 9-14 inches in height and with a width of seven inches. It offers all-around body support making sure your dog moves around and performs various activities like a normal dog.
- Full body, hind legs, and front legs support
- Support small breeds of dogs
- Weight range of 14-20 lbs
- Seven different hip sizes to choose
7. Dog Wheelchair for Back Legs by Newlife Mobility
If you have a larger breed of dog weighing 60-100 lbs, then you better go for the large wheelchair to offer your dog maximum support. The wheelchair fits large breed dogs effectively giving great hind leg support. It also offers good front leg support and full body support just like most Newlife Mobility wheelchairs. You can easily adjust the height of this wheelchair from floor to the dogs back through a simple push of a button. Overall, this is durable and lightweight dog wheelchair made of aluminum.
- Lightweight and durable
- Great hind leg support for rehabilitation
- Easy height adjustment
6. Best Friend Mobility – Large Dog Wheelchair
This is your dog’s best friend when it comes to mobility issues. It is a lightweight and durable wheelchair made of a non-rusting aluminum frame. It is a high galvanized frame construction with just two bolts to allow for easy setup and use. Neoprene rear and front harness help offer maximum comfort to your dog. You can adjust the height and length of the wheelchair pretty easy through a hex wrench. Overall, this is a high-quality dog wheelchair tested by the K9 Orthopedic surgeon.
- Galvanized hardware with just two bolts requires
- Non-rusting aluminum frame construction
- Easy to adjust the height
- Front and rear neoprene harness support
5. Best Friend Mobility Dog Wheelchair for Small Dog
Best Friend is a recognized brand in the industry, and this wheelchair will offer your dog maximum mobility and comfort. It is a sturdy construction with aluminum frame construction to make it lightweight. It is a fully adjustable wheelchair and one you will not have any problems adjusting to suit your dog. This is one of the most dog wheelchairs fitting dogs in the range of 5-175lbs.
- A wide range of weight support from 5-175lbs
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Sturdy design
- Stainless steel hardware
4. Best Friend Mobility Dog Wheelchair for 40-60lbs Dog
Coming with a free bonus harness, this is another top quality dog carts for paralyzed dogs you will want to consider buying. It is constructed of lightweight and adjustable aluminum frames for easy use on your dog. You can adjust the wheelchair to fit your dog in the most comfortable manner. This kit has been tested and designed by the K9 orthopedic surgeon and found to be fit for use on dogs in medium size of 20-40lbs. You can easily adjust the length, height, and width through the hex wrench.
- Front and rear harness support
- Adjustable aluminum frame
3. Walkin’ Wheels Extra-Small Dog Wheelchairs
Available only in blue, this is the best dog wheelchair for small breeds of dogs weighing 2-10lbs. It is a perfect choice for toy breeds and one you can also consider for other small animals like cats. It is a fully adjustable wheelchair that also folds flat for easy storage or transportation. This wheelchair can also be easily adjusted for height, width and length to fit other bigger dogs making it quite versatile.
- Fully adjustable
- Folds flat
- Fits toy breeds well
2. Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchairs For Small Dogs
This wheelchair will fit most dogs in the range of 18-25lbs making it a perfect choice if you own dog breeds like the Dachshund and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. With just a single push button, you get to adjust the wheelchair length, height, and width. The construction is a durable aluminum frame that does not rust. Maximum comfort and mobility are further enhanced through the adjustable harness.
- Durable and lightweight aluminum construction
- Push button adjustability
- Ideal for small breeds weighing 18-25lbs
1. Best Friend Mobility Wheelchairs for Small Dog
This is by far the best dog wheelchair for small breeds but still quite versatile when it comes adjustability. The wheelchair can accommodate small dog breeds weighing 5-175 lbs. It is a pretty durable and lightweight wheelchair made of aluminum construction. It is sturdily built using steel hardware and aluminum frames.
- Fully adjustable
- Aluminum construction
- Stainless steel hardware
Give your paralyzed, old and injured dog the best care it needs by getting the best dog wheelchair on the market today. We’ve reviewed some of the best choices on the market today so go right ahead and buy with confidence.