Winter may be the coldest season, but the best thing is that it brings with it the time to enjoy some sports you cannot enjoy during summer like ice skating. Skating on ice can be quite slippery, especially for kids stepping foot on the ice for the first time. That’s why we bring you the following top 8 best ice skates for kids reviews.
In here, you’ll find skates of different designs, styles, and features. Regardless of the one you pick, you’ll get quality, sturdiness and the right balance your kid needs on the ice. These items are designed with comfort and warmth in mind, so you can rest easy knowing your kid will remain absolutely comfortable in them.
- With all that being said, we believe you are well equipped to make your purchase of the best ice skates for kids below:
- 8. Bauer Lil Angel Champ Skates
- 7. Glacier SoftSkate by Jackson (GS184)
- 6. XinoSports Ice Skates
- 5. Lake Placid Starglide Ice Skate
- 4. Roces MCK II H Ice Skate
- 3. Riedell 625 Ice skates
- 2. American Athletic Ice Skates
- 1. Jackson Ultima Mystic Series Ice Skates
- Why Do You Need The Best Ice Skates for Kids?
- How to choose the Best Ice Skates for Kids?
With all that being said, we believe you are well equipped to make your purchase of the best ice skates for kids below:
And so you can go through the following products to find out which one suit you best. And here are the top 8 best Ice Skates for Kids in 2019 you should choose:
8. Bauer Lil Angel Champ Skates
The Bauer Lil Angel Champ Skates are built with great quality, making them just the absolute best choice for first-time ice skating. These skates are cute in all aspects and will definitely look good on your little champion. They are easy to put on and to remove for convenience. The unit fits well on the feet and is warm to give your kid the confidence she needs to try the challenge. The price is affordable so you don’t have to dig deeper into your pockets just to have them. This pair of skates is available in size 8 to 9 and you should keep in mind that the skates run true to shoe size than a skate size.
- Single ratchet buckle system: It helps keep the skate tight and adjustable
- One-piece nylon interior: Provides a comfortable and warm fit
- Stiff design: Offers better safety for kids while they are skating
7. Glacier SoftSkate by Jackson (GS184)
If you want skates that support the ankles for beginner spins and tricks, the Glacier SoftSkate by Jackson (GS184) is your go-to product. This unit is sturdy and the quality is great to give the best performance each time. The skates are designed to help kids to walk off the ice easily and stand up readily on the ice too. The laces are a bit long but they can be tucked in for great performance. Ideally, these skates are easy to clean and are excellently warm for a comfortable experience. Moreover, the price is perfect, as you get high-quality products that can stand the test of time.To get the best out of these skates, you should sharpen the blades first upon receiving them.
- Cushy foam padding: Offers maximum comfort
- Nylex lining: Provides warmth and durability
- Charcoal PVC outsole: It is easy to clean for easy care
- Nickel all-purpose blade: Allows for great performance on ice
6. XinoSports Ice Skates
For a pair of skates that is ideal for boys and girls alike, consider the XinoSports Ice Skates. They come in pink and blue colors to help you choose the right color option for your boy or girl. In addition to being available in different sizes, this unit is adjustable to enhance easy fit and comfort. To adjust, simply press and hold the button on the side of the skate and pull the front of the shoe as desired. The blade comes already sharpened, so your kid can use it straight out of the box without the need to sharpen. The skates are constructed with ankle support to give your child extra stability where it is most needed. They are easy to put on and remove; hence, your kid can always have an easy time with them. To get the most out of these skates, ensure they are sharpened periodically as needed.
- Multi-layered boot construction: Provides added warmth
- Protective cover: Provides extra safety for your little champ
- Stainless steel blade: It is durable to offer long-lasting performance
5. Lake Placid Starglide Ice Skate
To help your kid start ice skating on their own, get them the Lake Placid Starglide Ice Skate. It is constructed with soft materials to provide ultimate comfort for your new skating champion. The sizing is right and the skates slide effortlessly on the feet with minimal pushing. The skate is averagely priced and the quality is great, which is why it will be the perfect investment for a first timer. It is fashionable and comes in a great color to go with your kid’s picky taste. The blades are blunt on arrival; therefore, make sure you sharpen them before putting them in to use.
- Double runner blades: Provide additional balance on the ice
- Zinc plated and edge hardened carbon steel blades: Ensure extra durability and longevity
- Sports boot design: Makes it suitable for beginners and professionals alike
- Lace closure: Allows for the ease of putting on and removing
4. Roces MCK II H Ice Skate
The Roces MCK II H Ice Skate is an ideal product for every kid beginning their skating sessions. It is easy to put on and provides a tight comfortable fit. Well, this is owed to the fact that the skate is extremely user-friendly and can be adjusted according to one’s own liking. It is available in various sizes from 4 to 7 to fit kids with different feet size. This skate is also suitable for both boys and girls, especially because it is available in color black/red. In overall, this skate is sturdy and looks like it can serve one time after time. It is a little bit costly, but you get exactly what you pay for since this item is of superior quality.
- Growth compensator shell: Enables your kid to grow with them
- Carbon steel hockey blade: Provides extra durability and longevity
- Removable anatomic thermal insulation liner: Ensures extra comfort and warmth
3. Riedell 625 Ice skates
Do not compromise quality for price; simply purchase the Riedell 625 Ice skates that give you a high-quality unit at a great price. They are easy to put on and provide the ultimate comfort needed in every step of the way. These skates are lined on the inside to keep the feet warm and cushioned on the ice. They make walking on the ice a breeze and will allow you to get up ice more readily. They seem pretty and sturdy; hence, they can go a long way in giving you an exceptional performance. The skates fit well and do not hurt the feet, making them the perfect choice for people with sensitive feet. Also, they are wide, lace up snug and offer great ankle support while still being flexible.
- Foam quarter padding: Provides comfort for all day skating
- Stainless steel spiral blades: Give skaters a smooth edge
- Lightweight PVC sole: It is easy to clean and maintain
2. American Athletic Ice Skates
Constructed with durable PVC upper, the American Athletic Ice Skates are not only easy to care for but also can last a long time. They are professionally styled boots that offer optimum performance for beginners and professionals alike. The skates fit well and are equipped with multi-layer ankle support to keep the ankles protected even when you fall. This model is available in color white, making it suitable for both boys and girls. The skates are fairly priced and so you do not have to break the bank just to have this pair. The quality is great and besides, they look pretty, unique, and fashionable. For great performance, go for a size larger than the actual size you think is needed.
- Hollow ground nickel plated blades: Offer balance and durability
- Full quarter padding: Enhances comfort and warmth
- Laced up design: Makes it easy to put on and remove
1. Jackson Ultima Mystic Series Ice Skates
There are no skates that provide better flexibility than the Jackson Ultima Mystic Series Ice Skates. For this reason, they should be your number one choice if your kid is planning to start ice skating. They have a softer topline to offer extra comfort and confidence to try the new challenge. The inside is made of a synthetic lining that, in addition to being durable, provides extra cushioning and warmth to the feet. The skates are laced up, making them easy to put on and to remove. You can adjust the tightness of these skates by tightening or loosening the laces to get the perfect fit. Moreover, these skates are tastefully designed and come in a great color to compliment any kind of outfit.
Why Do You Need The Best Ice Skates for Kids?
If you think your kid can skate on ice using any pair of skates, then you should think again. Ice is slippery and cold; hence, it requires special kinds of blades to succeed in it. These kinds of blades are only found on ice skates. They are sharp, strong, and steady to offer balance whenever need be.
Besides, compared to normal skates, ice skates are padded and cushioned inside to provide extra warmth and comfort needed on the ice. At the same time, ice skates have special PVC outsole that is durable and waterproof to withstand the cold ice.
How to choose the Best Ice Skates for Kids?
Choosing the right skates for kids can be quite a challenge, especially because some kids are new to this kind of sports. However, the following factors will help you settle for the right pair of skates with no search at all. Have a look.
- Check the Size:
When shopping for the best ice skate for your kid, go for a size that fits them well. Although most ice skates run large compared to the normal shoe size, there is a guideline on which size will fit well. Therefore, be keen to see what the manufacturer is saying about the size, so you can get the perfect size for your little one.
The ability of ice skates to be comfortable is quite vital considering that the skates are used on ice. Hence, consider if they are padded on the inside and that they have ankle support. This is because all the aforementioned features determine how comfortable the skates will be. Remember, comfort increases the confidence to walk on ice.
- Accessories Support:
An ice skate that comes with accessories is far much better than the ones without. Although they may tend to be costly than average ice skates, units with accessories usually guarantee more safety. Thus, you should go for ice skates with accessories such as headgear that helps to protect the head in case you fall down. There are other accessories such as the bag and ice-skate guards among others that are also as important.
- Extra ankle padding: Guarantees ultimate ankle support
- PVC outsole: It is durable and easy to care for
- Foam backed vinyl tongue: Ensures great comfort
Shopping is always fun but making a decision on which product to pick among competing ones can pose a challenge. With the following reviews, however, we believe you are well-informed and much enlightened to find the right ice skates for kids.
Therefore, combine what you already know with our thoroughly researched reviews in order to make the best purchase of all time.