Investing in a sofa bed offers you two benefits. Not only will help your friends and guests to sit comfortably, but it’ll also provide them a place to sleep if they decide to spend the night. Opting for a sofa bed is also great if you’re limited on space and want a single item to offer a comfortable sitting place as well as serve as a cozy bed.
If you’re interested in purchasing a sofa bed, you should know that there’s are tons of different kinds
available in the market. To help you out, we’ve created an easy buying guide, after which we’ll move on to our Top 10 Best Sofa Beds in 2019 Review list.
- Top 10 Best Sofa Beds of 2019
- 10. Milton Greens Stars London Storage Sofa Bed with Champion Fabric
- 9. DHP Bergen Wood Arm Futon with Coil Mattress
- 8. HomCom Suede Fabric Lounge Futon Sofa Chair
- 7. Pearington Pillow Top Bella Futon Sofa Lounger
- 6. Coaster Home Furnishings Dilleston Convertible Futon
- 5. Lifetime sleep products Sofa Sleeper Replacement
- 4. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Larkinhurst Sleeper Sofa
- 3. Modern Plush Tufted Linen Fabric Sleeper Futon
- 2. Beverly Fine Furniture Checkered Futon Sofa Bed
- 1. DHP Emily Futon Sofa Bed
- What to Look for in Sofa Beds – Buyer’s Guide
- Wrapping It Up
Top 10 Best Sofa Beds of 2019
Now, that you’ve gone over the sofa bed buyer’s guide, here’s our list of the Top 10 Best Sofa Beds you should know about. This list has been created after thoroughly going over each item. We talk about the features each sofa bed offers, comfort levels, and more.
10. Milton Greens Stars London Storage Sofa Bed with Champion Fabric
This sofa bed is one which can boast of the most generous padding available on any sofa bed. It has been upholstered, with one of its kind, Champion Fabric thus comfort and style are both guaranteed. It’ll look great in a variety of décor preferences.
This sofa bed has been designed for elegance and comfort, and even the pickiest of users will not be able to deny the ultimate comfort offered by this sofa bed. A hidden storage compartment is revealed by lifting up the sofa bed seat, where you can store all your beddings and pillows and even your personal items.
9. DHP Bergen Wood Arm Futon with Coil Mattress
This sofa bed comes with a 6-inch futon mattress, designed to isolate your movements while sitting or lying down. Sturdiness is ensured by the wooden arms and strong metal frame. It can easily be pulled out to convert the sofa into a full bed. The overall design of this sofa bed takes inspiration from the mid-century flair. You’ll really appreciate this sofa bed’s solid wood arms. It features a sturdy metal frame which ensures durability, meaning that this purchase will last you quite a while. Changing it from lounging to sleeping position and vice versa is very easy.
8. HomCom Suede Fabric Lounge Futon Sofa Chair
This sofa bed converts from a sofa to a bed and vice versa without any hassle. The material used is faux suede, metal, and foam. The durable suede cover is easy to clean and also has a luxurious feel to it. Your guests are sure to appreciate it. Soft cushions with extra plush and thick foam for extra support are provided for comfort. The high-quality metal frame provides strength and durability to the sofa bed structure. Its backrest offers 5 positions for you to choose from according to your mood.
7. Pearington Pillow Top Bella Futon Sofa Lounger
This sofa bed is a multi-positional convertible futon which easily converts into a sofa, lounger or a sleeper. This modern design featuring a sofa bed is upholstered in bonded leather and has a stainless steel front and back legs, which not only guarantee strength and durability but enhance the visual effect of this sofa bed.
It’s an ideal choice for any modern home or office. You’ll only need a few seconds to change the position of this sofa bed for sitting or sleeping purposes. It has a reclining backrest for hassle-free changes. Furthermore, the stainless steel legs keep this sofa bed steady.
6. Coaster Home Furnishings Dilleston Convertible Futon
This convertible sofa bed is elegant and stylish all the way. It’s upholstered in black faux leather, giving it a neat and modern look. The pillow top seating is reinforced with double row stitching to ensure strength and durability.
The Kiln-dried hardwood frame not only provides strength but also prevents lifetime warping of the
wood with age. Sinuous spring base with high-density foam provides plush comfort to the user. This sofa bed can easily be transformed from a sofa into a bed.
5. Lifetime sleep products Sofa Sleeper Replacement
This sofa bed comes with a memory foam mattress. The good quality memory foam used in this sofa bed molds to your sleeping body; providing comfort and relaxing your joints and muscles. This foam also reduces the bouncing mattress syndrome, especially if you are a restless sleeper. While the memory foam featuring mattress is surely a plus, don’t think that the overall make doesn’t have anything to offer. The entire structure is durable, and the position changing ‘easy pull out’ mechanism only requires a few seconds of your time.
4. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Larkinhurst Sleeper Sofa
This sofa bed can be considered as one of the pinnacles of style and comfort when it comes to the competition. It features simple lines and comfortable seat cushions, which not only provide support but conceal a full-sized mattress. A simple easy-lift mechanism transforms this sofa to bed, effortlessly. This sofa bed comes in different sizes – twin for a small room, full for a larger room or office and queen for a big lounge or a loft. It is available with both memory foam and innerspring mattress. Cushions and pillows are available, made with high resiliency foam wrapped in thick poly fiber, giving durability and comfort.
3. Modern Plush Tufted Linen Fabric Sleeper Futon
This sofa bed is modern and easily converts from a sofa to a bed within seconds. It’s upholstered with plush tufted linen fabric and a hypoallergic fill, both healthy and comfortable, even for sensitive users. The split back design accommodates personal preferences with ease. One of the things you’ll notice about this high-quality sofa bed is the modern design.
A lot of times, people hesitate when buying a sofa bed because they think it’ll clash with their décor. However, this item on our list of best sofa beds in the market is more than capable of seamlessly complementing a variety of styles.
2. Beverly Fine Furniture Checkered Futon Sofa Bed
This checkered sofa bed futon comes with a modern design and white durable synthetic leather finish. It can fit snugly into any room. This sofa bed has a comfortable mechanism to interchange between sitting, lounging, and sleeping positions. Furthermore, this item isn’t overly soft and cushiony; in fact, it provides a nice, comfortable, firm surface to sit on or lie down. It’s an excellent choice, especially for those who like to sleep on firm mattresses. You don’t have to worry about cleaning trouble either because it has synthetic leather upholstery that makes cleaning quicker.
1. DHP Emily Futon Sofa Bed
Coming to the top entry of our Top 10 Best Sofa Beds Review list, we have the DHP Emily Futon sofa bed for your consideration. This sofa bed is stylish with rounded edges, tufting, and chrome legs. It easily converts from sitting to lounging and then to sleeping positions. Its split back further adds to its versatility.
Furthermore, this sofa bed’s faux-leather finish ensures easy cleaning with the polyester and foam filling, giving eternal comfort. The fullness of cushions is guaranteed even after daily use. Whether you use it yourself or you have it ready for guests and friends, everyone will appreciate the comfort it offers.
What to Look for in Sofa Beds – Buyer’s Guide
Which sofa bed should you buy? With so many options, there is a chance you might end up purchasing the wrong model. To save time and cut back on frustration, here is a rundown of the points to consider when buying a sofa bed:
- Bi-fold: A bi-fold sofa bed is considered to be more comfortable, and it accommodates a thicker
mattress due to fewer folds. Moreover, it’s easier to set up and fold back.
- Frame Options: Hardwood is definitely better than pinewood, although it is more expensive.
Sofa beds made with hardwood frame last longer, especially if the hardwood is kiln dried, which means its moisture has been removed, ensuring no warping will take place. Keep in mind that even if the hardwood is not kiln dried, it can still last a lifetime with proper care.
- Padding: Always check for padding by kneading the back rails and arms of the sofa bed for hard, sharp edges which indicate skimpy padding has been used on the sofa bed.
- Quality: Check if the fabric is firmly woven. It shouldn’t have raw edges which can unravel to
spoil the cloth. The fabric should stretch diagonally and have a latex backing to prevent slippage.
- Mattress: You shouldn’t feel the support bars of the sofa bed through the mattress. You can opt
for foam mattresses, the kind that has inner-springs, or even inflatable ones.
- Warranty: You should opt for a sofa bed that comes with a reliable warranty, ensuring that you’re making a purchase that’s of good quality.
- Opening and Closing of Sofa Bed: The sofa bed should fold out in one smooth motion, preferably with just one hand and fold back as easily.
- Size of the Sofa Bed: Always measure your door-size and space available depending on where you are going to place your sofa bed.
Wrapping It Up
Feel free to go through our list of the top 10 best sofa beds in 2019 once more and take a closer look at the features of each sofa bed. Also, don’t forget to take into consideration the size, fabric, design, price, and more before you make a final purchase. Read more about the full-size daybeds.